About Our Program
Coulee Collegiate was established in the 2020-20201 school year through a partnership between Medicine Hat Public School Division, Prairie Rose School Division, and Medicine Hat College. The school is located on MHC property and is on the third floor, above the Vera Bracken Library. Coulee Collegiate is a blend between High School and College environments and students will have the opportunity to take High School classes two different ways.
1. Timetabled Classes with Instructors
High School classes will be offered for students to register in and receive instruction from a teacher. These classes are available to those students who have already had their three years of High School and are looking to do some upgrading before transitioning into a College Program. For students who are 19 and younger as of September 1st of the current school year, there are no costs to take classes. Classes will follow the MHC calendar and to register, please email Medicine Hat College at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re looking to retake a class or take a class for the first time to get into a College Program, Coulee Collegiate was created for you.
2. Distance Learning
Coulee Collegiate will also operate a Distance Learning School (like Beyond Walls or Central High) that will allow students to take all courses through Distance. The school will operate year-round, and enrollments will happen daily. Students can start a course whenever they want. Distance Learning courses are available to all High School age students; even if you’re enrolled in another local High School. Contact Coulee Colligate to book an appointment for registration (403-526-4156).
If you need to take an extra course on the side, or need to retake a course, this program is for you.
Coulee Collegiate Value & Belief Statement...
"Eliminating barriers...Supporting students...Creating opportunities"
Our work will be guided and informed by our beliefs and commitments to:
- Individuality - we believe that every student is different and comes to us with different needs and abilities. We strive to build our school around the student and to help them achieve their goals.
- Learning - we strive for excellence through continuous improvement around academics, lifelong learning, collaboration and high quality work.
- Relationships - we are committed to building relationships with students and supporting them with their academic and mental well being.
- Inclusiveness - we respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
- Responsibility - we strive to enable students to take ownership of and responsibility for their own learning, while displaying integrity, honesty, and accountability.